JJ CASSONE BAKERY unsanitary! Foreign matter found in food!

Poughkeepsie, New York 7 comments

After purchasing a bag of bread at A&P Store in Pleasant Valley, NY, (bread made by JJ CASSONE OF NEW YORK, 202 South Regent Street. Port Chester, New York 10573) I will never look at bread the same again!

Just before sitting down to eat dinner, I cut one of the rolls in half lengthwise to butter it, and it JUST SO HAPPENED that I cut RIGHT OVER TOP of an air pocket in the bread. To my disgust and surprise, HIDING INSIDE the air pocket was a dark brownish shiny slimy foreign looking "THING". The ONE THING YOU DO NOT DO, is screw with my food! I'm not only germ-phobic, but I go into a mental panic when I see something foreign in my food, and I will never eat that food again! I don't know who to be angrier at? A&P Super Store in Pleasant Valley, NY, or J.J. Cassone Bakery of New York! After viewing their website, I decided to give them a call. NO ONE answers the phone, and it just rings and rings. Call the sales number and the same thing happens, until a recording comes on saying your call will now be disconnected.

So not only is this facility obviously filthy and lack in the common diligence of checking their quality, they don't even have staff to pick up the phone. I'm imagining the vision of their factory set-up: Old rickety dirty machines, filthy bug infested floors, no one wearing gloves, and grimy surfaces. WHO KNOWS WHAT LURKS IN THEIR FACTORY AND THE REST OF THEIR FOOD!

I would NEVER RECOMMEND J.J. Cassone Bakery of New York!! Not unless you want to walk around with nausea for a week with the memory of seeing something totally unexpected in your "pre-supposed" safe bread! NOT EVEN BREAD IS SAFE! SHAME ON YOU JJ CASSONE!!! YOU ARE A FILTHY COMPANY!

-DISGUSTED & NAUSEOUS in New York

Comments

I've been eating the bread for 38 + years .Never had a problem .

Remember getting fresh rolls right out of the oven when my dad was a delivery guy .

I lived a couple of blocks from the bakery back in the day .The pastry section is not what it used to be .

to JP Bronx, New York, United States #772952

You're right it isnt. Its better now that they have Enzo the baker.

I just book marked your blog on Digg and StumbleUpon.I enjoy reading your commentaries.

I buy their products ALL THE TIME.I even buy right from the bakery and never had a problem.

Nor have I ever had a problem getting through to anyone when calling in to order something EVER.

They are a place of business and rely on service calls.I'll keep buying their product.

HEY I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOU.MAYBE YOU SHOULD CALL DEPT OF HEALTH ON THEM TO RUN SOME INSPECTIONS AND MAYBE PUT A REPORT INTO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

SO MANY TIMES NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT AND WE SHOULD BECAUSE HOW ELSE WILL ANYONE KNOW - I WILL NEVER BUY THAT BREAD AGAIN.THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT INFORMATION - THANK YOU VERY MUCH

to UNDERSTAND YOU !!! Bronx, New York, United States #772949

and complain about air pockets? lol you will get laughed at

View more comments